Calling card business was once a thriving business. Many companies, retailers, resellers earned a livelihood from this business model. Nowadays, this business model is losing its sheen. Many people reason the downfall to the growing smartphone usage, availability of cheaper internet. In fact, it is true in a number of cases. But another important reason we believe is NOT changing the business model to sync with the technological changes. In this blog post, we shall discuss how one can use the growing smartphone usage and the cheaper internet to diversify the VoIP business and keep up the revenues balanced or go up! Continue reading
Your business might be sending various emails – transactional, promotional or sales or support related email to prospects and customers. Sometimes, you might have noticed that the recipient never opens your email. Have you ever questioned why? Most of the times, emails land in SPAM and are unnoticed. Today, business email servers like Google, Outlook and other email service providers have set up algorithms that automatically mark the business email as SPAM when certain standards are not followed. And then, your customer or valuable prospect never get to see your valuable email. In this post, we shall address this serious problem using a simple tool.
It is often difficult for small businesses to hire an in-house IT expert full-time. It is also quite common that in-house IT experts expertise is something other than email. The best way to overcome such limitations in such a case is to use third-party cloud services for optimal email routing. Such a cloud email service could be utilized for channeling the business email to land in the inbox. Continue reading
We are happy to announce MOR X11 release. Important changes are bellow:
Please find new functionality for MOR and M2 bellow:
Selling a service to a potential customer is an art. Unlike products which can be seen and felt physically, services can not be experienced without purchasing. So, the strategies to sell a service is more of an art. Any potential customer will always compare the prices with other competitors in the market and try to negotiate hard with you or push you to reduce your prices. So, even if you offer high quality and prompt support, they are are not easily perceived by a potential customer. Nevertheless, you can overcome your competition and convince your customer with clever and intelligent billing plans that are attractive for customers and profitable for your business.
Kolmisoft MOR offers a variety of features that enable easy deployment of Mobile VoIP. Such features help VoIP service providers to diversify their businesses and acquire new customers. In this post, we will share some insights into how a VoIP service provider may launch a Mobile VoIP service with the optimized settings.
Note: These settings are suggestive and observed to be helpful for Kolmisoft MOR customers. Neither Kolmisoft nor the author guarantees that these settings will work for every business model. These suggestions may be followed at your own risk.
Mobile VoIP involves integration between the smartphone app and the Kolmisoft MOR. This involves a lot of communication between the two – App and Kolmisoft MOR. This is possible by integrating via API. Kolmisoft MOR offers APIs to perform a variety of functions – simple tasks such as fetching balance to complex tasks like new user registration or collecting and updating payments and a lot more. The optimized settings could be discussed under three categories as below.
Because of this service providers now charge premium for the calls which are not originated in the EEA.
The charge is applied to the calls with CallerIDs not from EEA zones.
In MOR it is possible to filter such calls and send them to the few providers which does not apply such charges or just drop them.
New functionality allows to map CallerIDs from SIP from, rpid and pai fields to the known Whitelist of the correct CallerID formats and process the calls without the risk for overcharge.
Let’s see how:
- Added functionality to clone Localization Rules
- Added Queue Log
- Reworked Subscription page
- Added permission (Call Tracing Usage Read) to Accountant to check Call Info and Pcap
- New permission for Accountant (Statistics) to access Statistics
- Now PAI will be sent even if pass_pai is OFF but Provider’s option Use PAI is ON
- Core option to check DB connectivity
- Flash Graphs changed to Google Charts in: Campaign Statistics, Provider Statistics, Hangup Cause Stats
- Added End IVR #11 for Calling Cards
- Added Conditional CallerID transfer to IVR Actions – forward a call only when CallerID matches some value
- Option to play some audio before sending call to the Provider
- Option to change FROM: CallerID when originator sends Privacy:id header
- Option to forward calls from unassigned DIDs to some special DID (helps to take some action for unknown numbers)
- Music on Hold is now automatically reloaded on Queue edit
- Admin can now block/unblock accountants
- Option to set CallerID for Call Forwarding functionality
- Now possible to export all selected XLSX invoices to one ZIP file
- ‘Delete all invoices‘ now will delete invoices based on the Search params, not completely ALL invoices from the system
- API to get retail tariff rates
- API device option to change PIN, hide device
- API payments_get now returns comment for user
- API services_get returns Memo field
- API did_terminate to change DID’s status to terminated
- API did_make_free to change DID’s status to free
- CDR Comparison/Disputes functionality
- CDR Import Templates for easier and faster CDR import
- Now possible to export all available fields from calls table with CDR Export
- Additional email variables for CDR Export
- Direction and Destination Name can be exported separately in CDR Export
- Option to do not change Increment when importing new rates
- Option to set Maximum Call Rate /min to disallow dialing expensive destinations
- Search option in the Number Pools
- Number Pools now supports % wildcard
- Front page message when server has low HDD space left
- Permission to accountant to see Provider/Terminator Active calls
- Setting to warn for high rates in Rate Import – helps to do not import wrong (too high) rates
- API to change currency exchange rate
- Proxy support to extend system capacity several times
- Calls by Clients -> Detailed page
- Added additional columns in Last Calls (Answer Time, End Time, PDD and Terminated by)
- CDR Export emails are sent every 10min now (was every 1h)
- Option to not show currencies in XLSX invoices to allow formulas with amounts
- Terminator is able to see call price if call is terminated over him
- Now possible to have prefixes starting with letters (not only numerical)
- Added option to Skip Failover Routing Group – if it is not necessary to use this Group
- Added second Dial Peer TP ordering priority for even more advanced and versatile routing logic
- LegB Call-ID same as LegA for easier Call Leg mapping and troubleshooting
- New functionality under the name Direct Contact – choose the country you are interested in and you will be able to contact (anonymously) our Clients from that country
- Balance display
- Add payment
- Active DID
- Recent calls
- Payment history
- Package info
- Quick pick for recharge
- Hot Call rates
We are happy to announce MOR X10 release. Important changes are bellow: